The SEARCH is OVER!!!
After 10 interviews and 2 job offers, I finally decided to park myself at Far East Organization (F&B Division - Kitchen Language).
The List of companies I had an interview with:
The Society Group
I went for 2 rounds of interview with them, the 2nd with the owner of the company herself who really liked me. So they offered me the position, on the salary terms that I wanted. When i hesitated the owner got her F&B manager to meet me (3rd round) to persuade me. they told me about how good the company is, their expansion plans.. nevertheless, i rejected them in the end after much tussle within myself.. cos i felt on the inside of me that I could get a bigger company. that was my blind leap of faith: to give up a seemingly good opportunity.
The job scope wasn't to my liking. sounded more like a copywriting cum advertising space management kinda thing, more than marketing.
It was to market only their spa and restaurant. I was put through an impromptu written test, without guidelines, which I think i didn't make the cut. But thankfully I didn't make it to that company as I read on the papers that business wasn't doing as well even though it is backed by a hotel.
this is interesting. i got interviewed by DJ Justin Ang (the younger mutton) and Georgina (forgot her surname but she is really pretty!!). The position Senior Promotions Executive is solely event based which i had zero experience in... but nevertheless the interview went well. and justin ang even asked me twice if i ever considered radio dj-ing! i guess i never thought of it as i tried it in school but my voice sounded really BAD on radio! or was it just my perception? hmm...
Kitchen Language (Far East Organization F&B)
okay, the cool part abt this is that the designation sounds nice --> Assistant Marketing Manager. It is a new division from Far East Org, currently has 2 franchises, 4 restaurants (jap, argentine, chinese, italian cuisine), and will be bringing in more brands. Needless to say this company certainly has longevity and will expand for sure, as it is backed by, "Singapore's largest private property developer" as they describe themselves on their website. so this would be a pioneering role as i work closely with my marketing manager and sales manager, of whom i met during the interviews and found them to be nice and pleasant. good impression.
Mount Faber Group - Sentosa Leisure Management
the HR woman told me upfront that i was asking a little on the high side, seemed skeptical about why I left my previous company for Babyware and why I left Babyware... even tho i told her i left my prev co cos it was highly stressful and then babyware cos it's a friend's business and the company size does not require a full time marcomms..
BUT because the position was for MArcomms & PR Exec, and I had exactly both experience + in f&b/lifestyle industries, she put me through to the second round with the CEO who apparently founded Jewel box, but I rejected them nonetheless. They tried to make me go for the interview even though i told them i had already accepted another job offer as they had already fixed an appointment with the CEO and was embarrassed it was cancelled. I was so tempted to just go for that 2nd round knowing i will not accept them. In the end, i stood my ground. too bad lah.
A TV station with presence in 7 countries in Asia, the interview was the MOST intense! Without notification, I was asked to write on the board and present to them my plan and timeline for an event which the guy created a scenario of. Afterwhich I had to go through a 1.5hr written test!
Going by gut feel, I knew my final decision lay in either Kitchen Language or Asian Food Channel. There were pros and cons which i written and listed and both weighed equally. I didn't know if I should:
No 1 -->
reject Kitchen Language - whom already offered me a position,
THEN take the gamble and wait for Asian Food Channel to see if they would hire me
OR
No 2 -->
Take up Kitchen Language.
and forever hold my peace that I'm not gonna be working for a TV station with occasional overseas opportunities.
well, after much thought and asking God for over 6 hrs, I decided to go for the company which will give me more exposure = fuller spectrum in terms of job scope.
And i made my decision and I do not regret it! in fact i thank GOD for it! when i signed the contact the benefits ARE GREATTT!!!!!!!!! which i dun think Asian Food Channel would be able to match up to it.
Labels: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_XtIBkP-ToGo/TEPDvkGF7tI/AAAAAAAABE8/lYh_5w1p2q4/s1600/Screen+shot+2010-07-19+at+AM+11.15.46.png